1. Place cod fillets onto a chopping board and pat dry using paper towel.
2. Cut each fillet in two lengthwise (to ensure evening cooking) and season with salt & pepper.
3. Using three shallow bowls, fill one with flour, one with egg and one with breadcrumbs. Proceed dipping one piece of fish at a time into each bowl. Firstly dip into the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Make sure fish is evenly coated and set aside.
4. Pour water into a pot with a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Place asparagus into boiling water and leave to cook for 5minutes.
5. While the asparagus is cooking, heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Fry the fish for 3-4 minutes on either side until golden.
6. Serve fish & veg with tarter sauce and a wedge of lemon